Monday, June 27, 2005

I took a life away ...

So, on Sunday I was driving alone down this winding road. This place is got lots of trees, it's like driving through Germantown Rd back in Portland.

Anyways, so I see these bunch of pigeons, flying around and most of them strolling along a section of the road ahead of me. So I reduce speed and I'm like expecting all of them to start flying away. Just as expected, all of these bird-brains (pun intended!) now start hearing the noise of my V6 and start flying off to the sides and some lazy bums just start walking over to the side as fast as they can, as if their wings were only to be used for more threatening life-and-death situations!! Now I'm less than 5 yards away and I still see one pigeon walking. And I'm like "Start flying!" (Seriously I said that aloud) And before you know it, I was too close.

Next thing I know, it's disappeared somewhere under the right front of my car. But, I didn't hear a thud or a little bump from the front tire. So the lazy thing did escape!! Before I could finish my thought .... THUMP!! my rear tire completed the honors :(

I look in my rearview. And there it is, with some part of the wing broken upwards & pointing to the sky and the rest of it flat on the ground.

I'm an animal lover and I would never harm an animal or a bird or a fish. But this one was inevitable. Besides, I still wonder why it couldn't just FLY!! That's what birds do ... BIRDS FLY!! See what happens when they don't ?!?

Bye Bye Birdie ... hope you were single & didn't have a family or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home