Wednesday, September 07, 2005

U know James ... which James??

Did u know that the book of James was one of the earliest of all the NT books?? wierd huh? earliest but positioned at the end of other books in the NT

I didnt know that James was written by the half-brother of Jesus, James and NOT the apostle James. Of course it couldn't have been the apostle James as he was martyred (Acts.12) earlier on. But all this time I thought it was the apostle that wrote the book as not much emphasis is given on the half-brother James.

So while I was clarifying these points to myself, I also found out that there were 4 James in the NT!! Yeah 4! (Hint: Acts 1:13)

This book just continues to amaze me ...

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i didnt know that either!...pretty cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home