Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The choking game

Many months ago ... I had gone for this Men's retreat with my church guys. I had the inevitable pleasure of having the company of the tall, not-so-dark & handsome Stanley a.k.a Jason & his redhead friend Jonathan. In fact not just their company, but the privilege to share the same room with them too! In fact Jonathan actually attended the India Full Gospel church Sunday meeting for like 30 minutes (with Jason & myself ofcourse):p

Anyways so Jason tells about this great choking game that Jon knows to do, that leaves a person in a state of trance for a few seconds. Jon (after some urging) decided to show us how it is done. He did this wierd stronghold on his own neck till he kinda passed out. He didn't actually pass out. He was more like brain-dead!! Yeah brain-dead ... he was just standing there smiling ... he was smiling when he was trying to "choke" himself ... so he just continued standing there with the same smile pasted on his face like a statue ... then he tipped over backwards and fell on the bed. He woke-up from him suspended state a few seconds after hitting the bed and was asking us what happened. He himself didn't know what happened after he tried to "choke" himself and how he ended up on the bed. Cool huh?!?

Then the two of us decide to join in on the trace ride ... So Jon does the game on Jason. Jason ended up just giving a dumb look on his face for the entire time he was in a trance. I frankly forgot how Jason's trance went exactly. Then came my turn. I remember looking at Jon's face as he was trying to do that wierd stronghold on my neck ... next thing I know I'm sitting with almost completely folded legs at the foot of the bed!! What happened?!? According to the high-schoolers, I stood only for a second or two ... then sat on the bed which was right behind me ... then I slid my butt from the bed down to the ground below & that's why I was in that position when I woke up. Wierd huh?!?

And just today, I read this article in CNN!! They try to explain it by saying ... the choking game involves "trying to cut off the oxygen supply to the brain to achieve a type of "high" ... "

So, it's a good thing I don't explain how it is done ...

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOBBY?????!!! THAT'S SO SCARY

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger SarahPacatte said...

http://StillLovingMyGabriel.com

The more we talk about this, more children will be saved .....

Thank you for sharing..
Sarah Pacatte
Gabriel Mordecai's mom

July 31, 1991 ~ May 6, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home